As part of the current challenge on the Wee Trees Bonsai Forum I put together this group planting. Previous posts can be seen here.
As today was the final chance to update the photos for the challenge, I asked Stephen to come down to my place and give me a hand lifting the group out of the Poly Tunnel.
The growth in a month was great to see.
and as you can see, the weeds grew well too!
After a quick weeding session Stephen and I trimmed back the new growth. This part of the apex in the main tree has yet to fill out to hide the lack of taper and develope the new branch.
Stephen hard at work. As you can see, a lot of growth has been trimmed.
This is it after it’s second trim of the year.
and me added just for scale.
If you want to see the new 360 made for this group click this link Elm Forest 360
This is a quick virtual showing what it might be like on a slab.