I posted about 5 weeks ago that I’d taken some cutting of some mini/super mini roses, with a 99% success rate they have been potted on and are looking great. A bit of bottom heat in an electric propagator works wonders.
This was them after 3 weeks.
And potted up. Two weeks now from this was taken and they’ve really pushed on. Delighted with results.
I have 3 mini roses acquired from Jose over in Tenerife . At the weekend I decided to take a few cutting to increase my stock. I took a cutting about a week ago and popped it into the humidity layer I put some of my accents on and this was the result. I guest it worked.
I took cuttings from all three roses and potted them into a mix of fine cat litter and fine pumice. Well see how it goes. The parent rose in this kusamono planting is very vigorous as you can see from the roots.
Some photos taken at Belfast Rose Show this weekend past. This was Friday night when I was there entering a few bonsai into the exhibition. Sun was on the way down which created some interesting light.