Escallonia Repot

Having taken a sneaky day off work I decided to do a little repotting. This Escallonia  needed done as drainage was poor and I wanted to change the front and potting angle slightly.

DSC_0146

DSC_0150

 

Bit of a lip on the pot so out with the root saw.

DSC_0151

A good mass of root but surprisingly not totally pot bound. Drainage issue must have been due to compacted fertiliser pellets breaking down into the top layer.

DSC_0152

After a cut back and wash out. I did manage to get rid of the very last bit of garden soil.

DSC_0156

Back into the Walsall Ceramics pot. I do want to change this at some point but am still looking for the ideal pot. A mix of Akadama and koyodama which proved successful last time.

DSC_0157

Potted up and ready for a good watering.

DSC_0159

DSC_0161

DSC_0162

The final image.

DSC_0176

The slight front change and tilt below.

DSC_0146 DSC_0176

Next step will be the treatment of the deadwood. Tricky with the tree as the wood rots fast if wet , but also hard to get the right colouring as jin seal looks too harsh. You’ll see how I get on with this here of course.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s