Stephen and I took a closer look at the Spruce we collected back in February. They have been in a poly tunnel all this time and have been way in the back were it was hard to check. With me being rather indisposed of late, it’s been hard to keep a close eye on what was happening. All looked good from the front, but when we got a closer look, we found that one of the Spruce had a patch of bad mildew due to poor air circulation and high humidity.
Stephen hoses out some old needles that had gathered in the dense foliage, this hadn’t helped with the mildew either.
The other side of the tree is still covered with lush growth.
It had been in the back corner.
Stephen slipped along the side and opened up all the air vents to allow for better circulation. That keg is really starting to get in the way!!
What was good to see was new roots emerging on all the Spruce. They are in pure Sphagnum moss.
We’ve just got the second budding and also signs of good back budding as well.