I decided yesterday to check on the air layer done earlier in the year on an Ivy. THIS is the previous post about it.
I’ve had to trim back the foliage a few times since the layer was added in May. This was it as I started yesterday.
On removing the black cover and cling film I was happy with the results.
I think this will make a rather nice little shohin. I potted it into a slightly larger pot than required. Nothing suitable on the shelf. Also potted at the wrong angle to ensure that the new roots are sufficiently covered. If the roots are coming out of the bottom in the Spring I might repot properly then. In the mean time it will go back in the poly tunnel to add a little time to the growing season to encourage more root.